"I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants. They will spring up like grass in a meadow, like poplar trees by flowing streams. One will say, 'I belong to the Lord'; another will call himself by the name of Jacob; still another will write on his hand, 'The Lord's' and will take the name Israel." -- Isaiah 44:3-5

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Music education recommendation



Zeezok Publishing has created these book/CD sets, which I highly recommend. Written at a level that even young children can understand when read aloud, they portray famous composers (in the set I bought, Bach and Mozart) as real people, starting as young boys. The stories are interesting, but I think the best part is having the CD to accompany the story. Various chapters have the composer's music included, so we could play it on the computer at the appropriate part of the story. There is also a way to print out the sheet music, so any piano players in the family could play the compositions as well. And, there are coloring pages to keep kids occupied as they are read to!

I think this is a really unique and interactive way to learn about these famous composers.

No comments:

Post a Comment